Activity type: Public activity
Organisation name: Redditch Borough Council
15 Market Place
In Redditch, we have decided to commemorate this important day by expressing our feelings creatively and bringing our ideas together in a piece of artwork to display in the library. For 2024, the image of small birds of different varieties (not birds of prey) demonstrating fragility but escaping and being free from a cage has inspired this year’s theme.
We would like to collect as many different images of small birds as we can to create a piece of artwork in Redditch Library.
How you design your bird is up to you, perhaps you could…
* Write a poem responding to the theme on the outline of a bird.
* Decorate your bird with glorious patterns to express freedom.
* Make small 3D birds that can be part of the display.
* Be inspired by the white dove of peace, recognised in many religions.
* Research national birds from the countries where genocide has occurred.
Be as creative and respectful as you can, but always remember the meaning of your bird –
expressing the Fragility of Freedom – to commemorate the loss of people who have
suffered and died.
We will be pulling together the display at the library a week ahead of the Memorial Event on Saturday 27 January.
Other organisation(s) involved