The Youth Champion Programme empowers young people aged 14-24 years old to take action for Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) through organising their own activities or events to raise awareness of HMD in their community and amongst their peers. Throughout the year, Youth Champions will be set a number of challenges in preparation for HMD.
The Youth Champion programme will run from September 2017 - March 2018. Email email@example.com to register your interest for HMD 2018.
'There is nothing we can do about the past, but there is a lot we can do about the future. It's up to young people, the most important people in the world.'
Zigi Shipper BEM, survivor of the Holocaust
Why should you get involved?
- You’ll develop your knowledge of the Holocaust, Nazi Persecution and subsequent genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur
- You’ll develop leadership and communication skills to enhance your CV
- You’ll make a real contribution to your local community and inspire other young people to end hatred and discrimination today
- Meet and talk to survivors of the Holocaust and subsequent genocides
- Attend / volunteer at the Holocaust Memorial Day UK Event
- You will have the chance to apply for a position on the Youth Champion Board. Read more about the Youth Champion Board
Email Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org to become a Youth Champion.
Attend a Youth Champion Workshop for HMD 2018
Each year Holocaust Memorial Day Trust holds free Youth Champion workshops for anyone aged 14-24 who is interested in organising an activity to mark Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD). Anyone is welcome, whether you have held an activity before or don't know where to start!
Attending a workshop will help you to:
• Gain a better understanding of the Holocaust, Nazi Persecution and subsequent genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur.
• Find out about the 2018 theme and the free resources we provide to help mark Holocaust Memorial Day.
• Understand the practicalities of organising activities, participate in activities and hear tips from Youth Champions who held their own HMD events last year.
• Learn how to become a Youth Champion and discover the five challenges you will be set throughout the year. You’ll complete the second challenge by attending the workshop!
Our workshops for HMD 2018 are:
Saturday 14 October 2017
1pm - 4pm
Waterloo Action Centre, 14 Baylis Road, London, SE1 7AA
Saturday 21 October 2017
1pm - 4pm
Chapter Arts Centre, Market Road, Canton, CF5 1QE
Saturday 28 October 2017
1pm - 4pm
Quaker Meeting House, 38 Elmbank Crescent, Glasgow, G2 4PS
Saturday 4 November 2017
1pm - 4pm
Z-arts, 335 Stretford Road, Manchester, M15 5ZA
Need advice or support to complete the Youth Champion challenges?
Email Jessica or call the office on 020 7785 7029
Alternatively, get in contact with the Youth Champion Board.